Division Ia Command
Division Staff Command Unit Ia:
Responsibilities of Ia:
- Provides the field operational planning support to Regiment
- Monitors, records, evaluates and reports with recommendations on all aspects of the Division’s combat operations, including troop leadership, training, organization, transport, weaponry.
- Develops and presents field operations options for consideration.
- Manages support staff including temporary officers and/or EM/NCOs with tasks directly related to the command unit
- Oversees the preparation of maps and war diary
- Oversees the gathering and analysis of intelligence prior to and during field operations
- Drafts the Division level Field Orders and maintains integrity of “Commander’s Intent.”