Division Ib Quartermaster
Division Staff Supply Unit Ib:
Responsibilities of I b:
- Subordinate to WWIIHA, oversees matters related to German transportation and troop movement, starting with morning Appell, continuing with assembly of convoys in garrison, from garrison to training area. He releases command of all German troops to German Regimental field commander in the Training Area upon orders from German Division commander.
- Commands the German officers responsible for the Tracked Vehicle Convoy, Wheeled Vehicle Convoy and the Bus Infantry Convoy.
- Acts as POC for WWIIHA Bus Convoy Commander, Allied Convoy Command, Range Control and FIG Police in matters related to troop and vehicle movement.
- Subordinate to WWIIHA, oversees matters related to German ammunition supply and distribution
- Maintains radio contact with all three subordinate convoy commanders each morning until their tasks are complete.
- Maintains existing responsibilities in the TOC for facilitating safety and medical issues in the field
- TVC (Tracked Vehicle Convoy assembles) at Tank Wash.
- WVC (Wheeled Vehicle Convoy) assembles at Axis HQ.
- Bus Convoy assembles on the company street TBD by WWIIHA; Bus Convoy moves to Training Area upon orders from WWIIHA.
- Division Commander, Field Regiment Command, Division Ia, Division Ib, and SS Bn commander assemble at Axis HQ.
- Division Ib confirms that all wheeled vehicles, troops and personnel listed in #4 above are present.
- Upon orders from WWIIHA, Division Ib authorizes WVC to advance to the tank wash to fall in behind the Axis TVC and informs Axis TVC commander by radio.
- WVC falls in behind Axis TVC at tank wash
- TVC commander reports to Ib on status of tactical vehicle readiness, including mechanical and radio status. Ib reports to the Division Ia and Division Commander and subordinate to WWIIHA, the Division Commander orders movement to the Training Area.
- Division Ib releases joint TVC/WVC convoy for movement to the Training Area and informs Bus Convoy Infantry Commander by radio.
- No Axis vehicles may leave the tank wash for the training area without permission of the Ib.
- No Axis vehicles may leave the tank wash for the training area without the Division Commander and personnel listed in #4.
- Ib maintains radio contact with TVC Commander and Bus Convoy Infantry Commander until all arrive at the Training Area.
- If the Bus Convoy arrives at the Training Area before any of the vehicle convoys, the Bus Convoy Infantry Commander holds all infantry under his command in that position until other orders received.
- It is the Division Commander’s firm intention that both vehicle convoys and bus infantry NOT deploy into the Training Area separately and/or at different times, and not without orders from the Division Commander on site.