Zug (Unit Commander)
The Zug refers to a pre-established re-enactor/living historian organization as recognized by and invited to participate by WWIIHA. Whether 5 men or 50, these organizations are recognized at this event as a Zug and they are expected to report to their respective Battaillonführer while in Kaserne. In the field they will be assigned to a specific Kompanieführer.
Zug Commander (Zugführer)
- Reports to his respective Bataillonführer while in garrison and to his assigned Kompanieführer while in the field.
- Ensure his unit’s officers are registered at Axis HQ and carry their officer card on their person.
- Ensure that the men under their command are registered at the event and that their ammunition has been checked and that their registration card is stamped.
- Ensure that weapons are secured in barracks and that no ammunition is kept in the barracks.
- Maintain a clean barracks in good order. Keep non-period items out of sight in the barracks
- Report troop and vehicle strength as determined by Bataillon commander.
- Ensure that his men conduct themselves in good order while in public
- Enforce military courtesy
- Orient their men to be able to identify Axis Division, Battailon and Regimental Leadership: Division Commander, Ia, IIa, Ib, Military Police Commander, Heer Bn Commander, SS Bn Commander, Regimental Commander
- Maintain operational security in Barracks.
- Attends Thursday night Field Exercise briefing as representative for his Zug.